background

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

He's a week old already!!

It seems strange that Boston is one week old already. Time is going by quickly!! Sean and I were surprised on Thursday afternoon when we were told we could go home. Originally they had told us we would be in the hospital until Friday afternoon. We were SO excited to go home. Especially me. I couldn't wait to sleep in my own bed. The hospital bed was like sleeping on concrete with a giant speed bump right where your hips are. Sean's mom Debbie has stayed at our house almost every night since we came home. It has been such a huge blessing to have her here helping us!! She has been doing the cooking, cleaning, etc for me. She wakes me up every three hours to feed Boston and then changes him. It's great!!! I highly recommend that everyone have a super moth-in-law like I have!!! Sean had to go back to work on Monday, so it's been kind of a bummer in the aspect. He's been just as tired as I have because he wants to stay up all night with Boston, but he has to work at 5:30 in the morning and really needs his sleep!

On Saturday was the baby shower. It's kind of funny that Boston was at his own baby shower. Needless to say it wasn't your average baby shower. It was mostly just a time to visit and eat cake! :) Boston did really well being passed around from person to person. I don't think he cried much, if any. It was nice! Then on Sunday morning Sean took him to church. I was too exhausted to go, so I stayed home. After church we went back to the hospital for our check up and to have my staples removed. I was having some serious anxiety about having my staples removed. I'm such a wimp when it comes to that stuff!! Finally it's time to get them out and she's almost done before I even figure out that they are being removed. I couldn't even feel it. All that anxiety for nothing (thankfully)! I've healed really well. Debbie keeps telling me how amazed she is at me and how I have bounced back so quickly. I told her that I take no credit for my recovery, God gets all the credit!!

I didn't know that I could be so exhausted, but so happy at the same time!!

2 comments:

  1. It does go by fast (as you know with your neices and nephews) Lila is going to be 20 months tomorrow. She is becoming more and more like a little girl everyday. It is sad but oh so exciting! That is awesome that Sean's mom has been staying at your place and helping. My mom stayed for 3 days after I had Lila, but she had to get back to her life :( I am glad you are so happy!!! I can't wait to meet Boston!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and one piece of advice I wish I would have done from the start is to keep a journal of things Lila did. I started doing it last summer, and I so wish I would have done it from the start, because I have a hard time remembering when exactly Lila did certain things. Plus, when the kids get older they can read it!!!

    ReplyDelete